Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wanderlust

I've been bitten by it since I was a child. My family would pile into the motorhome and head to the mountains, streams, and valleys to see America. I was glued to the window in perpetual anticipation of what might be around the bend. Before I set foot in Kindergarten I had walked across the swinging bridge at Grandfather Mountain, saw the corn palace in South Dakota first hand, and had my picture taken in front of Mount Rushmore. An appreciation for travel was now deeply engrained in me.

It has served me well as my travels have since taken me around the world. I've done the whole London, Paris, Rome gig. I've checked out Australia from Melbourne to Perth, and spent some quality time on the south island of New Zealand. Great wines can be found in the Otago region, by the way.

Now that I'm a jaded world traveler hopping from one sky lounge to the next you may be surprised to know that I still long for the simple means of travel that first expanded my horizons. The motorhome. I have therefore purchased and will be slightly restoring a classic 70's Winnebago D-20 to take a summer journey. I will be chronicling the restoration and travels of 'Missy' on this blog. It should be fun.

No comments: